I thought I should take this opportunity to update everyone as to the condition of The Hill.
This morning Steve McCauley, in his capacity as Head of the Ski Patrol , and myself, skied Mambo and Bar M., Eric Stock and Myrna McCauley also walked some of the Hill.
Looking from the top of the Hill it seems as if there is reasonable coverage on some runs, however the reality is that in the better areas there is only a maximum of 2 cms. of light fluffy snow covering rutted frozen snow/ice and frozen dirt.
Steve and I are of the opinion that the conditions are too dangerous to open the Hill. The Hill will therefore be closed until we get a substantial snow fall.
I realise that this situation is very frustrating, but I can assure you that no one shares this frustration more than myself and my staff and Ski Patrol members.
My philosophy as manager has always been, to provide a Safe, enjoyable, fun environment for Skiers and Boarders, given the current conditions, we are not able to meet those criteria.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding .
Pray for snow!
Regards, Ryland Evans, Hill Manager, Mt Martin Ski Club
We did not have a lot of snow on the ground when we opened last week. The rain yesterday took away more than half of it and now we have to wait for more. Until that happens, the hill will have to remain closed.
Our season is underway. Adult skiing is on for tonight and there will be lessons for those who have signed up. Unfortunately, rain is forecast in the next few days.